FORMATTING WORKS CITED, WORKS CONSULTED, & ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY PAGES
To Alphabetize & Make Sure Font is the Same
- Highlight the “Body” of your paper
- Select the first blank box with a drop down arrow beneath your toolbar
- Select the same font for everything (usually Times New Roman 12pt. font)
- Go to your Google Docs toolbar and click the Add-ons tab.
- Under Add-ons, click Get add-ons
- On the Add-ons list, type Sorted Paragraphs and then hit enter.
- Once the add-on shows up on the list, click the “+Free” button next to it.
- Highlight your annotations.
- Click Add-Ons, & select Sort Paragraphs A-Z
- Remember, it is a computer & you do need to double check to ensure correct alphabetization- it doesn't always take into consideration quotation marks.
- Go to the VIEW title and make sure ruler is checked.
- Select all of your annotations.
- Click on the upside-down triangle (located in the ruler bar at the top of the page) and drag it 1/2 inch to the right.
- Then, click on the rectangle on top of the triangle and drag it 1/2 inch to the left.
To Make A Header Where the First Page is Different
- Click on Insert, then Header
- Once the header is in, a box will pop up on the first page that gives you the option to have a different first page header/footer. Select this if you want it to be different.