LP's First (FREE) Comic-Con
Keep scrolling to the bottom of the site for more event information.
Join us from 4-7pm on April 6th to learn about and celebrate comics, superheroes, zombies, and more. Keep checking back at this site as it gets closer to the event and more details are unveiled. This event is free, but be sure to bring some spending money for a bite to eat and to check out our fabulous vendors who will be selling comics, comic-related goodies, and more!
Please keep in mind that all Lake Park school rules are in effect while at the event...including the dress code if you plan to cosplay!
All participants in need of transportation must
register by March 24 at noon!
All other participants must register by April 4th at 3pm.
Art show entry
All artwork should be surrounding the interpretation of a superhero, which could mean anything from your own personal superhero to a comic-book superhero or anything in-between!
You can bring your artwork on the day of the Comic-Con. You will receive a certificate of participation and prizes will be awarded. All art should be school-appropriate.
Best of luck!
(Keep checking back as more activities are added!)
- Learn about video game design with Michael Eurek - a 3D artist who worked on the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare game
- Grab a bite to eat at the Anime Cafe
- Enter your artwork into the Superhero Art Show (prizes to the winning artwork!)
- Get Gross! Zombie makeup tutorial (hands-on)
- Visit our vendor tables to buy comics and comic-related goodies
- Anime/Comic movie screenings
- Superhero trivia competition
- Open card play
- Cosplay Contest (masks may not be worn and the school dress code applies to all cosplay-if you aren't sure, email an event organizer and ask or speak to your school librarian)
April 6th 2017
FREE for all LP and sender school students!
Lake Park High School East Campus
600 Medinah Road
Roselle, IL 60172
Students from Lake Park and all Lake Park sender schools are invited to attend. A shuttle bus can be provided from sender middle schools, if requested at time of registration. All attendees must have their own ride home after the event!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email us!